18 February 2013

Gratitude Mondays

Where Gratitude is the New Black

Today, I am grateful for our home...
 I am grateful for perspective on my home. Loving it for all of its smallness, for its views, for the closeness it offers us as a family. The small lessons it gives us in loving what you have and living into what that is.  This wee house has taught us to claim the life offered to us now, as our own, rather than waiting for the coveted moment in life when all happens as it should.

I am grateful for food...
I am grateful for all the edibles eaten by my children. For the money in our pocket to purchase things that are yummy and nutritious. I am grateful for Healthy Bounty.

I am grateful for this Ocean...
I am so, so, grateful for the Ocean. So grateful for her. I dream of this Summer when I can dive under, feel weightless and held in her arms; in Summer when I can stand on the shore with the Boys, dancing in and out of the strength of the waves, get rolled by them and remember, I just absolutely can't control really anything at all.  

I am grateful for roads...
Today I am grateful for all the twisting pavement, and all highway roads, that lead to visiting family. Grateful for graciousness from the boys on the small journeys and the longer ones'. And, of course, I am always grateful when the road is short and sweet. 

I am also grateful for plants...
So Grateful for plants. For snap-pea plants that were given out for free at the Farmer's Market. For the fun and the food it will bring. I am grateful to find flowers for a friend who is sick. Wish I could bring her the happy news she needs, but for now, tulips will have to do.    
                        XXOO

What are you grateful for this week? I would love to know.






10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post... We need to always be thankful for what we have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet compliment. I am trying to be better about being grateful. Somedays it is all too easy for me to get caught up in comparisons and hum drums. :-)

      Delete
  2. Home is where the heart is - I'm such a great believer.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always grateful for the opportunity to live this amazing life.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so amazing in all its smallness and largeness! Have a lovely start to your week! xo

      Delete
  4. lovely. this week I am grateful for second chances x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for two mornings with my children where we stay in our.pj's until noon!
    Chrishelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah for jammies until noon. We actually got over for a picnic in the park yesterday, it was fabulous to see all the kids run around. Just playing and being!

      Delete

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...