09 February 2013

Saturday Style

Stylin' Saturdays



Saturday and all its lovely lazy glory; the perfect time to sketch out dreams with the boys and charter ships of hope. 


All things considered, the week unfolded without too much trouble. My dear friend is back home, the boys have checked off another 5 days of school, and I have survived a "to do" list a mile long...in part because I have ignored the longest part of the list: the folding and putting away of laundry.
I have been thinking a lot about this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today." As humans we often spend copious amounts of time in regret and anxiety. I am especially vulnerable to this way of being, so for today I will try to style a bit of her wise words into my heart.

N is away all day, so I plan on some serious Saturday Stylin' with the boys. I am hoping I can persuade them to walk with me to the local farmers market in the park. There we can forage for breakfast, gulp up some homemade goodies (& coffee), as well as pick up something lovely for this weeks' suppers. Then I am hoping we can play a bit in the park before it is home to chores and things.

Hope that your internal outlook on the weekend is bright, even if it is not sunny and warm where you live.

XXOO




No comments:

Post a Comment

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...