14 June 2013

poetic pause :: windows

what do I know of another's life but through your door,
through your windowed threshold,
loomed with the thoughtless threads,
covering a barren land, full of forgotten intent.

I am forever a lone window lurker,
of self righteous peeping tom foolery out on a night's walk.
my heart the covet wanter, taking a gander,
dipping my eyes to your life lived better.

close up and stumbling, crushing the tulips planted
and pricked skin stung on thorned
rose bushes pushed apart.
whispering, a crashed tripping and crackled smattering.
with stung lips,
quiet lines cracked across a glass gate.

and the sweat of my hands, and misted breath are left there,
printed on your window pane.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
a very late response to the weekly foliophoto, with the lovelies at bedsidesign and raincoast creative salon

10 comments:

  1. WOW YOUR WRITING IS SO AWESOME! IT REMINDED ME OF THAT SCENE IN THE TIME TRAVELLERS WIFE! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane! you are too much!
      I haven't seen the movie but I am headed to the library with my youngest to check out the book. I haven't read it yet!
      thanks for sweet comment. xxoo

      Delete
  2. So beautiful. Sending you warm blessings of joy and peace from across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always want to read your poetry out loud, to really savor the language. Your words just beg to be spoken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so Emily. you are too sweet. xo

      Delete
  4. i loved this!

    my thoughts went to my childhood
    driving with my parents
    staring into the windows of houses we past by.

    i am forever a lone window lurker - too.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so Becky for your sweet comment! xo

      Delete

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...